‘THE WORLD HATED ME’: Ashlee Simpson on SNL lip-syncing incident 14 years later
Ashlee Simpson was at the top of her singing career in 2004–that is until she was caught lip-syncing on Saturday Night Live!
“The world hated me,” said the “Piece of Me” singer on an episode of Ashlee+Evan.
Though it’s been 14 years, Simpson, 33, still very much feel the impact of that “humbling” and very embarrassing incident.
“What happened there was I had a vocal problem,” Simpson told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “I had two nodes beating against each other and I woke up and I had no voice and then I should’ve said ‘No, I will not go on, I will not do this.”
Simpson added that while she got up on stage and redid the show, no one ever let her lip-syncing mishap go.
The blonde beauty said that the pressure was “heavy” and affected her a lot because she was so young–but eventually, it just made her stronger.
from https://ift.tt/2Q6oEhC
No comments