‘I’M FINISHED’: Paul Simon believes he’s written his last song
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J ‘I’M FINISHED’: Paul Simon believes he’s written his last song For update news visit All Bd Newspaper
Veteran rocker Paul Simon is convinced his creative well has run dry after noticing a big shift in his passion for songwriting in 2016.
The former Simon & Garfunkel star is slowly winding down his career in the spotlight, and he plans to retire from the road once he wraps up his Homeward Bound – The Farewell Tour in his former hometown of Queens, New York later this month.
Simon is also celebrating his last trek with the release of a new album, In the Blue Light, which features revamped versions of some of his lesser-known tunes, and the singer admits he chose to revisit old songs because he’s sure there’s no more creative ink left in his pen.
“I haven’t written a new song in a couple of years now,” he told NPR. “I think after (2016 album) Stranger to Stranger, a funny thing happened when I finished – I literally felt like a switch clicked and I said, ‘I’m finished.’”
It’s not yet known if Simon will release any more music in the future, but in the meantime, the 76-year-old is looking forward to doing some jet-setting, before it’s too late.
“I’d like to see the planet,” he said in a previous interview. “I think to myself, ‘Do I want to spend the next three years making an album or would I rather go to India?’ I’ve travelled a lot but there’s a bunch of places I haven’t been, the South Pacific Islands, Cambodia.
“At the end of my life, if I’m fortunate enough to have a graceful non-painful ending, I’d rather say I had a great life than I had a great career.”
from https://ift.tt/2oOcOfV
For Bangla News Visithttp://topcurrentworldnews.blogspot.com/2018/09/im-finished-paul-simon-believes-hes.html
No comments